Advice to Participants
Before the race
- Sign up for the race in good time, and once you have made your decision, you will have a better day
- Start your training early, so you can enjoy your event
On the race Day
- Be at the start early and feel the Music Marathon Festival spirit
- Your Race Number must be fully visible and placed on the front of your body, not folded
- Remember to have the race number tag on your private bag, so we can return it to the right person
- Bring warm clothes for after the event
- Place yourself at the start line according to experience and speed. Fastest in front, slowest at the back
- Keep to the right at all times as the road is quite narrow
- At the start everybody is racing on the Avenida de las Playas towards the Hotel San Antonio turn-point
- If you drop out of the race, please report it to the Information tent in the Start/Finish area
- Runners who drop out are responsible for returning their ChampionChip to a race official at the Information tent in the Start/Finish area
- Public Toilets are located on the beach by the Start/Finish area
- Running with iPods and similar electronic devices are prohibited
- Follow the advice of the police and our event marshals
- Keep the road clean, throw the used water cup in the available bins at the aid stations
Medical Aid & Aid Station
A full medical service is available during and after the race. A doctor will be located in the Start/Finish área.
There is 1 Aid station on the run course. You pass it twice per loop and there will be water, energy drinks and fruit.
You can choose from the following distances and modalities – there is a race for everybody!
- Kids from age 4 to 9 years 1/2 a mile (800m)
- Kids from age to 10 to 15 years 1 mile (1600m)
- 5 KM run or walk: 1 loop (+16 years)
- 10 KM 2 loops (+ 16 years)
- 20 KM 4 loops (+ 18 years)
- Joelette: 1 loop total 5 KM – 2 loops total 10 KM – 4 loops total 21KM
- Wheelchairs race: 1 loop total 5 KM – 2 loops total 10 KM – 4 loops total 21 KM
Top Time Canarias will be responsible for the timing and therefore use ChampionChip technology:
- You will get your chip in a numbered envelope. You collect the at the Head Quarter next to the Start/Finish line Sunday the 1st of March from 8.00 – 9:30
- There is ChampionChip for the 20 KM and 10 KM only!!!
- During the race the chip must be attached to your shoe
- All runners must return their Music Marathon Festival Champion Chips after the race, in order to receive your finish medal.
- Chips cannot be used for personal use
- Your time is recorded from the start to the finish line
- The total time of each runner can be found in the result lists